Serving Clients from the Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Virginia metropolitan areas.
Emotional pain hurts. Would you like to feel better? I provide individual short term counseling or long term therapy to help clients gain relief from existing symptoms, and to assist clients develop healthy coping strategies for a more meaningful life. I help you find solutions to the missing pieces in your world. You may wonder how this is accomplished:
Benefits of Individual Therapy
- I provide you with an honest, empathic, encouraging, non judgmental and caring relationship in a safe, private and confidential office setting.
- We collaborate to devise a personal plan that lists and prioritizes your concerns.
- Together we set goals that are specific, manageable, attainable, realistic and timely.
- We focus on your existing strengths and present needs.
- Strategies and resources will be identified to help you meet your goals and achieve a positive outcome from your counseling.
- I can administer instruments such as The Myers Briggs Personality Inventory and the Personal Values assessment which add additional objectivity to problem solving.
- Theoretical orientations that work best for you are selected. These may include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Reality Therapy, Solution Oriented Therapy, Client Centered Therapy, and or an eclectic combination of the above and others.
Clients typically seek relief from symptoms such as:
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of trust
These symptoms often surface when a client is going through a major transition and change such as:
- Beginning a new relationship
- Becoming a parent
- Parenting adult children
- Caring for elderly parents
- Starting a new job
- Losing a job
- Relocating to a new city, state or country
Clients going through these transitions sometimes describe themselves as feeling:
- Without direction
I believe that individual short term counseling or long term therapy can help you live a more meaningful, enjoyable and peaceful life. I look forward to working with you.